Friday, June 19, 2009

Chapter 1: Reshaping Life (A Writer's Version)

From the way I see things, my life and my dreams coexist and entangle with each other. Life is to be maximized by putting our dreams into life motion.


As the useless dreams and illusions are shattered and smashed, I will live out what that is left of those that has value - so that my life will have value.

This is how it will be from now on, for this is the life this wind will embark from today onwards.


Seriously, if I really have the time to daydream useless things, I might as well spend the time instead on making dreams which has value into reality. Living out my dreams is definitely different and far much better than to live in my dreams. And besides, life is also much more fun this way.


A writer like me is not going to be discouraged because he is scrutinized by people who underestimate what impact writing can do to the world, nor he is going to stop writing just because people does not appreciate his work of expression. I am aware that most of the things which I write are rather introspective which concerns mostly on my self, but again, the power of choice is in my hands. If this is what I have chosen to write, this is what that shall be written. I have my reasons for doing things, and I have my reason whether to share them or not with you. This is how I will do things from now onwards, for this is the way I should be doing things right from the start.


My dream may be small compared to what most of you may be dreaming for in your lives, but I believe that my dreams are what I ought to be dreaming for, and I trust God to provide me everything else. I dream my dream knowing and trusting the gifts God has given me, and I am sure that this is what He wants me to do with it. Some people are entrusted with big jobs, while some people are given small works and errands. I am the one who I believe has been given the task to write. Yes, to write - and God has made me in a way that I will certainly find joy in the works He has given me.


I have seen with my own eyes how other people’s writings have made an impact on me, and I believe that I too will impact others through my own writing as well. Those who do not appreciate the art of writing, so be it. I do not care. But to those who do, and to those who have the ability to manipulate such art, pay attention to what I will write.


What is written on a piece of paper may seem to remain on paper, but a writer knows well that words can be contagious to the heart and soul.


I may not have money, I may not have power, and definitely I do no have these to shake the world with my own hands as certain people has done recently in history, but if I am given a chance to dream big… I will dream that one day, I will shake the world with my left hand alone, and I will boast that I could do it using neither money nor the power of this world. If I am to gain them later on in life, it will be through the gifts and talents which God has first given me. I may be nobody before the eyes of the world, but as long as I am underestimated, I have the upper hand. I just need to polish up to really make a difference.


I may not be one of those writers who are vanguards in the battlefield. I may not have the writing charisma nor the inspiration, but I believe that my writing is still of some use, and as little as my talents can me, it is not ought to be wasted. I might become one of those who lead and make the first impact someday - God willing; but for now, I just want to believe that whatever little I can contribute to God and His Kingdom, I will contribute because everything counts. Big or small is just a whole different matter.


And when I say big or small contributions, I am not just talking about writing. Whether it is your tithes and offerings, your servings in your church or Christian fellowship, or anything else which you have given to God in helping to build up His Kingdom down to a small glass of cold water, it counts. No one is to comment or judge another based on what he or she has chose to contribute to the Kingdom but God Himself. Give what God wants you to give, do not care a damn about anything else because this is just between you and God - all other meddlers keep away! Personally, I really find it very sickening to see people compare things - especially on things which we are not supposed and do not have the relevance or the right to do so. I hate how the world has corrupted people to turn to its corrupted ways. I hate to see this happening around me.


It is really not us to determine whether someone has not given enough or given what God has told him or her to give. Let God be the judge! It is really not us to force people to give all they have as offerings, and it is not for us to criticize either when we see people not putting anything in the offering bag. I am really angry seeing how much of these negative influences has been circulating around as I watch people either boasting in pride for how much they could contribute, or feeling degraded and incompetent because they could not contribute as much as everyone else have expected him to do so.


This is totally rubbish!


I always believe that the bricks that are used to build God’s Kingdom are not just made of money alone. I never believe that it is such a way, as much as men see it as so thanks to their materialistic senses. I am aware that I have nothing good in me, but God recognized me as the same as everyone else and He accepts everything I gave on behalf of His Kingdom, knowing that this is what He wants me to do with the things He entrusted me with. Isn’t that alone is enough? It is the same for everyone. Don’t you dare give me any more excuses so that you could continue to judge others on their personal affairs with God. Again, meddlers are supposed to be off limits but there are just so many nosy people out there who do not understand human language. Idiots.


Again, what I have may be nothing much, but the question is not about how much I am willing to give, but it is whether I am giving what I am ought to give before God and not men. I may just be a writer, and I know I could not contribute as much as others can contribute, but God accepts my work just the same as everyone else - because I know that even though my load may be lighter and different compared to others, my load that is given to me is still my load, and that I have delivered it all the way to my master just the same way everyone does it. That is the only things I need to care about, and leave the rest to God whom I trust.


Just as a hammer does its work by hitting down the nails, so will a screwdriver does its work by driving down the screws. Different work, but work is still work.


Both are just the same, and God knows that even better.


And if my work is to write for God, it is the same for a multi - millionaire who is given the work to donate his wealth for God. Big or small does not really matter. What matters, is that we do the work we are given and we complete it.


…Looks like my work is almost done. My dream to inspire and make an impact through my writing is set. My promise that I will write and be remembered for beautiful and graceful poetry will always be remembered. Now, I would like to bring up another question. How about you? Are you going to live up your dreams; or do you even have one?


I believe that my dream and the task which God has given me is the same, though I am aware that it may be a whole different case for you; but still, it is always good for our lives to be driven by something and to be given a purpose. Think and reflect about this before the new semester begins. Best, ask God for the answers you seek. He is the One who first assigned us to live on this planet and to be given reason to live anyway. Ask Him! What God and His wisdom are for if you do not seek from Him?


But as for me, my work has begun. Time to break down the disillusionment and start working live in reality. God’s work will never end until He says so.


The wind passes by~


L’Chaim.



WILSON KHOR WOO HAN (17th June 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment